KUURTH jewelry is generally made of 925 silver. The jewel's lifespan can be extended as long as proper and regular care is applied. In order to enjoy this beautiful and unique jewelry for as long as possible, you should follow some basic guidelines:
- As far as possible, do not wear rings and other jewelry while doing gardening, playing sports or swimming (salt or chlorinated water).
- Silver is a highly malleable material, which means that it can be easily deformed. Avoid wearing the rings while performing tasks in which the ring may receive a blow or may be exposed to pressure.
- Remove jewelry before going to bed and before showering (To preserve the gold bath, it is essential not to get the jewelry wet, as wetting it reduces the duration of the bath).
- Perfumes and sprays can cause the jewelry to lose its luster. We recommend that you use perfumes, hair sprays and other cosmetics before putting on the jewelry (the contact of these types of agents on gold-plated jewelry is highly detrimental to the conservation of the jewelry).
- We recommend that you do not leave your jewelry in places with direct exposure to sunlight or in humid places, as exposure to these factors may damage your jewelry. We advise you to give a second life to your KUURTH boxes by using them as jewelry boxes.
CARE AND MAINTENANCE
Use a jewelry cleaning cloth to polish lightly tarnished areas and remove dullness, restoring the jewelry to its original luster.
To clean, you can use a small amount of neutral soap mixed with warm water and rub your jewelry gently with a soft brush.
Gold-plated silver jewelry should only be cleaned gently with a microfiber cloth specifically for cleaning jewelry, without applying any liquid or product.
HOW TO PRESERVE THE ENAMEL OF MY ARTISTIC JEWELRY?
Many of our jewels are hand painted with enamel to give it a colorful finish as if it were an oil painting. These jewels should be preserved with special care, you should avoid spraying the enamel with cleaning products and other corrosive agents that may affect the beauty of the painting, it should also be protected from bumps, objects that may scratch it, continuous rubbing.
Also, avoid getting the jewelry wet because it could degrade the quality of the paint.
In the case of resizable rings, it is necessary to be especially careful when enlarging or adjusting the jewel because the sudden change in size could crack the enamel.
WHY DOES SILVER BLACKEN?
The blackening of silver is a natural and reversible process, occurring mainly when it comes into contact with sulfur particles contained in the air.
Silver is a reactive metal that can react with various agents such as perfumes, chlorine, make-up, hair sprays, onions, eggs. Even the PH of our skin can blacken silver.
If your jewelry has a dark color or seems to have degraded, this is not due to the quality of the material. This wear is due to the fact that the silver has reacted by creating a thin layer around the metal that has a protective function.
HOW CAN I RESTORE THE SHINE TO MY JEWELRY?
There are several products to clean silver and restore the original shine to your jewelry, but there are also other methods to clean jewelry using products found at home.
- Water and salt: pour a tablespoon of salt in a pot of boiling water, soak the jewelry overnight, the next day dry the jewelry with a dry cloth carefully.
- Baking Soda with white vinegar: In ¼ cup of white vinegar add a tablespoon of baking soda, the mixture will produce an effervescence, when the baking soda is completely dissolved in the vinegar add your jewelry to the mixture and leave it for about 5 minutes. Remove the jewelry and dry it with a dry cloth, rubbing it carefully to remove the product and the blackened layer.